You must be logged in to access this page.
You must be logged in to access this page.
The Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga is seeking an experienced, team-oriented professional to provide financial processing and reporting so that together with our community and partners, we transform generosity into lasting change toward a prosperous and just Chattanooga where all can thrive and achieve their full potential.
The Staff Accountant works with the Finance and Administration Team and Donor Services Team to ensure that donations, grants and accounts payable are processed timely and accurately in compliance with Foundation and Internal Revenue Service guidelines. The Staff Accountant will work closely with the VP of Finance and Administration to reconcile accounts and prepare end of month and end of quarter reports for donors, the Board and other stakeholders. The Staff Accountant will work in conjunction with the VP, Finance & Administration, to ensure compliance with office policies to ensure seamless administration.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who possesses superior financial, analytical and organizational skills and who demonstrates flexibility and the ability to adapt to a faced-paced, dynamic environment. We seek a problem-solver who enjoys continuously improving processes for greater effectiveness and accuracy.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Process gifts, grants and accounts payable including due diligence and compliance with Foundation policies and IRS guidelines with assurance that donors needs are met in a timely and accurate manner
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank and numerous investment accounts with various complexities in a timely manner and provide detailed financial analysis to the Board and staff as needed
• Work with the VP of Finance and Administration to ensure internal controls are in place relating to the foundation assets
• Provide support for the Finance & Audit and Investment Committees of the Board by preparing materials and reports for Committee meetings
• Assist in the development and execution of the Foundation goals related to the strategic plan and monitoring of the goals to actual for the financial aspects of the plan.
• Assist in the review of gifts and grants to the Foundation along with reporting as required by the Internal Revenue Service
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, attitude, skill, and/or ability required.
• Degree in finance or accounting with 5 or more years accounting experience; CPA preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and exceptional customer service skills
• A demonstrated problem-solver who thrives on working within a team toward departmental and organizational goals
• Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
• Commitment to a diversity, equity and inclusivity
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint Publisher; Experience with databases and CRM software programs; Fund Accounting experience highly preferred.
• Experience working with outside auditors and financial institutions preferred
• Ability to:
o Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization
o Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
o Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
o Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress toward goals, and track details, data, information and activities
o work occasional weekend and after hours
To be considered for the position, please upload a resume, cover letter and salary requirements at (INSERT SITE) This website allows for one document upload per candidate, so please save as one document prior to uploading.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Type
- Job Location
- Chattanooga, TN
- Underwood, Rebecca
- Phone Number
- (423) 265-0586
- Best Method of Contact