Building Racial Equity Workshop: Presented in Partnership with Race Forward
Cost: $200 | NOTE: Registration for this event is being processed by Race Forward – Annual Meeting attendees must register for the preconference separately. Spots are limited – register today!
SECF is excited to offer Annual Meeting attendees the opportunity to participate in Building Racial Equity, a preconference event taking place Monday, November 9!
This workshop is offered in partnership with Race Forward, one of the country’s leading racial justice organizations. In partnership with communities, organizations, and sectors, Race Forward builds strategies to advance racial justice in our policies, institutions, and culture.
Race Forward has reserved a limited number of spots for SECF members at its November 9 Building Racial Equity workshop, an interactive training for those who wish to sharpen their skills and strategies to address systemic racism and advance racial equity. Unlike “diversity trainings,” which primarily focus on interpersonal relations and understanding, these trainings emphasize how to challenge and change institutional racial inequities.
- Components of the Building Racial Equity training include:
- Racial Justice Values & Vision
- Key Concepts: Different Dimensions of Racism and Systems Analysis
- Countering Implicit Bias
- Opportunities to Advance Racial Equity
- Build a clear understanding of key concepts such as racial equity and structural racism.
- Learn to talk about race constructively within their organizations and with their constituents.
- Gain tools and practices for counteracting racial bias in their work and practices.
- Identify opportunities and next steps for applying concepts and strategies to advance racial equity.
How to Participate:
Race Forward is processing all registrations for the Building Racial Equity training. Annual Meeting attendees, including those who have already registered, will need to register for this event separately. Registration must be complete by Thursday, October 1.
The Building Racial Equity training is part of Race Forward’s larger Facing Race conference. Registering for Building Racial Equity does not include admission to the conference.
Here’s how to register:
- Visit the Facing Race conference registration page and click the Register Now button.
- On the next page, select the first option – Pre-Con Registration – and scroll down to the “Add-On Sessions” section.
- Select the Building Racial Equity Pre-Con session offered on November 9. Scroll down and hit the “Next” button.
- Provide the information requested and payment info – you’re all set!
If you cancel your registration for the Building Racial Equity preconference, your refund depends on your cancellation date:
- 50 percent refund for cancellations received until August 30
- 25 percent refund for cancellations received until September 30
- No refund for cancellations received after September 30
If you have questions about your preconference registration, please contact the Facing Race planning team at firstname.lastname@example.org For other questions related to the Annual Meeting, contact S.E. Spencer, SECF’s programs and partnerships associate, at email@example.com.