Nominations Are Open for the 2020 Truist Promise Award!
Author: Southeastern Council of Foundations
This year’s Annual Meeting will feature the first presentation of the Truist Promise Award recognizing innovative philanthropy in the Southeast! We are excited to announce that we are now accepting nominations for this prestigious honor!
The Truist Promise Award will recognize a particular initiative and/or innovative grantmaking strategy or approach, done by an individual organization or through a collective partnership – as such, it may be presented to more than one foundation if the initiative is a product of partnership and collaboration. Due to the extraordinary health, economic, and racial justice crises currently facing the country, this year’s Promise Award will also recognize work that focuses on at least one of these areas.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Work focused on issues of racial equity, racial justice or anti-racism.
- The innovative use of multiple forms of philanthropic capital, particularly beyond financial capital.
- Use of data and research in determining strategies and tactics.
- Cooperation with community partners, particularly in other sectors, or direct engagement with community members.
- Impact/outcomes that are evidence-based.
You may nominate any SECF member organization, including your own, for the Promise Award. The recipient will be selected by a group of SECF staff and Board members and recognized at the 2020 Annual Meeting.
Nominations are due Friday, October 9. Click here to submit your nominee!