Submit Your Nominee for the 2021 Truist Promise Award
This year’s Annual Meeting will include the second presentation of the Truist Promise Award recognizing innovative philanthropy in the Southeast! Last year, this prestigious honor honored work done by two SECF members: the Charlottesville Area Community Foundation and the Coastal Community Foundation of South Carolina.
Nominations for this year’s Truist Promise Award are now open. The award recognizes a particular initiative and/or innovative grantmaking strategy or approach, done by an individual organization or through a collective partnership – as such, it may be presented to more than one foundation if the initiative is a product of partnership and collaboration.
The Truist Promise Award recognizes work that focuses on significant and systemic issues facing the region and the country today. In addition, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Work focused on issues of racial equity, racial justice or anti-racism.
- The innovative use of multiple forms of philanthropic capital, particularly beyond financial capital.
- Use of data and research in determining strategies and tactics.
- Cooperation with community partners, particularly in other sectors, or direct engagement with community members.
- Impact/outcomes that are evidence-based.
You may nominate any SECF member organization, including your own, for the Promise Award. The recipient will be selected by a group of SECF staff and Board members and recognized at the 2021 Annual Meeting.
Nominations are due Friday, October 15. Click here to submit your nominee!