COVID-19 Resource Round-Up
Your SECF colleagues may have advice to share about steps they are taking in response to the outbreak – our Member Listservs (login required) provide an easy way to reach out and learn from each other.
Our staff is also available to provide support – call the SECF offices at (404) 524-0911 and we can help connect you with other resources and information.
Foundations and Philanthropy’s Response
Blogs, Analysis Opinion, Thought Pieces
Resources for Foundations/Nonprofits as Employers
- PrepareRespondServe.org (from Tech Impact & 501 Commons) offers links to technology tools and resources for redeploying staff to work remotely. Watch the recorded webinar on preparing for COVID-19 for additional tips and guidance.
- Tech Impact/Idealware offers helpful reviews of software and applications for the social sector. See their page devoted to COVID-19 resources here.
- TechSoup provides a range of technology services for nonprofits, including private foundations. TechSoup’s product catalog offers discounted or donated software and hardware to qualifying organizations, including refurbished PCs and laptops, networking equipment, and productivity software. See TechSoup’s collection of COVID-19 resources here.
- Tech evangelist Beth Kanter of Beth’s Blog offers techniques and guidance on How To Facilitate Effective Virtual Meetings.
- Nonprofit HR’s Coronavirus Digital Information Portal includes a town hall presentation template for sharing information with constituents. The page also offers best practices for organizations on preparing for remote work and ensuring a safe workplace for employees.
- The National Council of Nonprofits provides tips on what to include in a remote work policy, along with links to several examples.
- The Coronavirus Comms Triage Kit from the Communications Network offers best practices for crisis communications and links to a crowd-sourced collection of best practices, resources, and examples of effective messaging from foundations and nonprofits.
Stephen Sherman is SECF's director of research and data.